- Construct simple keys and use published keys for the identification of organisms.
- Define the term trophic level.
- Identify & explain trophic levels in food chains and food webs selected from the local environment.
- Define the terms species, population, habitat, niche, community and ecosystem with reference to local examples.
- Describe and explain population interactions using examples of named species.
- Explain the distribution, structure and relative productivity of tropical rainforests, deserts, tundra and any other biome.
- Explain the concepts of limiting factors and carrying capacity in the context of population growth.
- Describe and evaluate methods for measuring changes in abiotic and biotic components of an ecosystem due to a specific human activity.
Students worked on their Field Guide to the IBO project this week. By Tuesday, they should have both sets of slides (birds, background info) complete for peer feedback.