1. What were some of the responses of the wealthy to the actions of the poor?
2. Why were the loyalists tortured for not wanting to buy in to the mess of the revolution?
3. Why did the wealthy not try and cope with the poor before such acts from Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine?
4. What is Zinn implying with the title of this chapter?
Johnson: Pages 127
1. What events does Johnson say that explain why British Leadership was poor?
2. What were George Washington’s views on the British?
3. What view, from the Colonits “elite ruling class” was expressed regarding taxes?
4. What tools of media were at the disposal of the “rebels”? How did they use those tools? How effective were those tools?
5. What major concerns were discussed and focused on when drafting the Declaration of Independence?